Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New York City, Governor's Island, Implied Violence

So currently I'm camping out on Governor's Island along with many other artists for the New Island Festival. I have never seen so many Dutch people in my life. But everyone is pretty nice. The food is amazing when it's dinner time. They cook on these really long captain tables and people ride bikes everywhere. We have a pretty good view of the statue of liberty from the island. And there are cicadas abound.

Rehearsal for the show has been pretty rough. But people are going to flip out when they see what we're doing. I have a feeling we're the wild card of the festival.

I've uploaded some of the photos here, but here's a link to the flickr account where the majority of them will be: http://www.flickr.com/photos/godivamab/sets/72157622305873992/



A Brooklyn street.




Trying to navigate the subway.


No comments:

Post a Comment